Friday, December 18, 2009

Skinny like a pencil

[sidenote: I want this dress like I want sex.]









All of my life, I have always wanted to be skinny like a model, my eyes all painted black.
I looked back on old pictures and realized I had that once, and I also realized it was when I was a cokehead chain-smoker who basically ruined her body as well as her life on the daily.
Now I know; real people don't look like that.
Real people eat three meals, have energy to run and exercise, can last through a movie without taking a cigarette break, don't stay till the bar kicks you out every night, and sleeps on a (somewhat) normal schedule.

And real people have a peace of mind.
And those people are happy.
And happy people don't need drugs or booze to smile.

Which is why my friends need to stop asking why I won't rip the bong with them or eat shrooms or a bar or snort a line.
I'm finally happy, and you may be able to handle it, but I have an issue with moderation.
I don't judge you, I just want no part in it.
I'm happy and it took a long time to get out of that rut, so just let me be.
Somehow the skinny topic turned into drugs. hah. Same thing right?

No comments:

Post a Comment