Thursday, August 26, 2010

Solitude




Everything about the ocean sets me free. From when I was a little girl and my brother wouldn't let me play with him until now when someone dear to me passes away- the ocean gives me a reassurance that everything will be alright. I ride my bike around this sunny seaside town, skate down the hill in front of my house, and plunge into the ocean only a few steps away and know that no matter what I'll always have this love for the water if nothing else. That's why I'm giving back. Thats why I'm working my ass off to become a Marine Science Technician in the United States Coast Guard. To clean up the ocean and protect wildlife the most effective way possible.

Because the ocean has always been there, even when no one else was.

"The cure for everything is saltwater; sweat, tears, and the sea."

No comments:

Post a Comment