Friday, April 9, 2010

For the Love of Lazy Moon



Thao Nguyen & the Get Down Stay Down.....the nostalgia of 2007-2009, when Tim Brown, the owner of Lazy Moon, made me this CD. I still get chills when I listen to Thao. It takes me back to one summer when it was stuck in my cd player, my slip-ons had pizza dough caked into the bottom of them, I spent all of my free time at the mini-ramp at my friend's house on Rouse falling down, or in the water at every lake in Orlando, including The Projects. My biggest concern was choosing what my free shift beer would be when I got off at the Moon, whether or not my friends would win their wakeskating competition that weekend, and who was driving to Eye Spy/BBQ bar on Thursday and Saturday nights. Lazy Moon will always have a place in my heart for enforcing the fact that little anti-corporate art & music-infused places still exist. If you are ever in Orlando stop by, ask for Tim Brown or Matt Griffis, and tell them Kenny Champagne could never be replaced by a dough machine.

No comments:

Post a Comment